Death registration - changes due to Coronavirus
- The MCCD will need to be emailed to: MCCDs@essex.gov.uk
The subject line needs to include the name of the deceased and date of death
- The customer will need to make an appointment online www.essex.gov.uk/register-a-death
- For customers unable to make an online appointment, the contact centre can be called on 0345 603 7632.
- The appointment booking process will capture all information that is initially required.
- The Registration Officer (RO) will have the relevant documents provided to them and will call the customer using Skype. The RO will identify themselves and explain the process, before completing the registration on RON. The name and email address of the Funeral Director will be confirmed.
- The MCCD will be marked up as required. The Register Entry page will be printed and signed. In the informant space the name of the informant along with words “information given by telephone” will be recorded.
- The Green Form will be signed, and the customer will be advised that this will be emailed to their Funeral Director.
- The customer will be asked if they wish to use the Tell Us Once (TUO) service and an email address will be taken for those that do.
- At this current time, and due to restrictions currently in place with ECC’s payment system, the customer will receive one death certificate posted free of charge. The process of payment for death certificates is urgently being reviewed, as is the online service if customers wish to purchase additional certificates at a later date.
- Further communications will be sent as and when there is an update in the process of payment of certificates during the telephone registration, and/or the process of ordering certificates online at a later date.